Sunday 12 June 2011

changing me

some people who follow me on twitter told me i should set this up to tell people how i lost weight so i decided it would be a good idea... :)

Firstly i have always been overweight since i was really young its something i have always been troubled  by and hated i used to think i put weight on so easily but i think that was just my excuse for been an overeater and been in denial. I first attended weight watchers with my Aunty when i was 13 years old i was 12 stone 9lb and got down to 10.stone 10.5lb ( my lowest weight), i lost it really quickly and was really happy for the first time in my life. I didnt maintain my weight for long as i met my current boyfriend about 6 months later and fell in love at a young age and been in love does make you put weight on, i eat the same as him yet i put a lot of weight on. Since then i have been on numerous quick fix diets even going back to weight watchers another 2 times and slimming world i lost a couple of pounds and then would quit because i missed the food so much.

I didnt realise how much weight i had put on until this year i was struggling to fit into size 22 pants i hated it, my weight effected my emotionally i become moody and horrible and started to hate myself alot. My family always told me politely i needed to lose weight and i would put my defense up get angry or i would say im on a pretend diet. It wasnt until xmas 2010 when my grandad said to me he wanted to join weight watchers in january and he wanted me to join i agreed but didnt believe in myself as i have failed so many times.

11th January 2011 i started weight watchers again as soon as i got to the class and spoke to the leader i knew this time was different she said to me " if you stick with me and the plan (weight watchers plan) then you will be where you want to be no matter how long it takes" . I wasnt shocked when i got on the scales i think id become numb to it by then.  In my first week i lost 6.5lb and i was overjoyed i knew from then on i could stick to it. I never say im on a diet its a lifestyle change because im not on a diet i still eat anything i want if i fancy mcdonalds ill have it but i count my points everyday. In the 21 weeks that i have been attending ive lost 49lb (3 and 1/2 stone). I feel so much better already even though i have another 4 stone still to lose i know that eventually i will get there. Everyone always told me its hard to diet but i promise its not if u allow yourself the things u feel like but in moderation you WILL lose weight.


This picture was me and my boyfriend in november last year at my biggest i actually like the picture at the time and thought i looked nice, now i hate i doesnt even really look like me

this was in august last year on a night out


..... and this is a most recent picture on a night out about 2 weeks ago

i will keep anding updates on my weight loss and posting pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment